Regime of entry to Ukraine:
According to the existing world practice, for the entry of certain foreign citizens, as well as stateless persons, it is necessary to obtain a visa. What is a Ukrainian visa? A visa is a label that is glued into the passport of a foreign citizen or the passport document of a stateless person and gives the right to enter Ukraine. Since 2019, the concept of an electronic visa has appeared, a permit issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, which does not imply the insertion of a visa label into the passport, a printed visa on A4 sheet is enough.
- Visa-free (List of countries)
according to the passport (for some categories it is allowed to enter according to the internal passport). As a general rule, the period of stay cannot exceed 90 days within 180 days. However, on the basis of intergovernmental agreements, this period may be shorter according to the principle of reciprocity.
* In case of residence on the territory of Ukraine (more than 90 days within 180 days), even citizens of visa-free countries must obtain a type D visa at the Ukrainian embassy in their country of residence. An exception to this is citizens of post-Soviet countries. On the basis of intergovernmental agreements, citizens of certain countries (post-Soviet space) enter Ukraine without a D visa, the main thing is that entry into Ukraine was made after receiving a document to obtain a residence permit (marriage certificate, work permit, invitation to study, etc.) Unfortunately, this opportunity leads to the fact that this category of citizens can stay on the territory of Ukraine for 90 days for 180 days, if this period expires, entry into Ukraine may be denied.
- Visa (List of countries)
- Е visa
E visa, is a printout of a PDF file issued by the MFA of Ukraine based on a package of documents - an invitation (tourist voucher, insurance, reservation, license, etc.). The E visa must contain your data, photo, visa validity period, purpose, type, as well as a QR code. There are one-time or two-time e-visas valid for up to 30 days. Online visas are issued only to citizens of certain countries (list), without the right to extend them. You can order a e-visa from us.
- Visa issued by the Embassy of Ukraine (physically pasted into the passport)
A visa that is issued at the Ukrainian embassy abroad or through a visa center at the Ukrainian embassy. Visas at the Ukrainian embassy abroad are issued to all citizens and stateless persons, exception citizens of post-Soviet countries. As a rule, the submission is carried out through the visa centers of the embassy in the country of residence. If there is no embassy, consulate or visa center of Ukraine in the countries, then the documents are submitted through the embassy that serves this country.
* Stateless citizens, regardless of their country of residence, enter Ukraine only on the basis of a visa.
* For a long stay in Ukraine, it is necessary to obtain a residence permit (temporary or permanent).
- Е visa
There is no other procedure for obtaining a visa to Ukraine. If in the country of permanent residence there is no embassy or consulate of Ukraine, then the visa is issued by the embassy of Ukraine in the country in the service area of which this country is located. It is also possible for a foreigner and stateless person to submit documents for obtaining a visa in the country where they have a long-term visa or residents (A short-term visa does not give the right to apply to the embassy to obtain a visa.
Types of visas to Ukraine:
C | short-term visa is issued with a corridor of 180 days with the right to stay in Ukraine for no more than 90 days. A visa can be:
- C-06 | Tourist visa (invitation of a tour operator) is the most frequent and demanded type of visa. The host is a Ukrainian tour operator who takes responsibility during the stay of foreign tourists in Ukraine. The law establishes quite serious requirements for a tour operator (availability of a license, a bank guarantee, etc.), we recommend that you carefully approach this issue. The visa itself can be issued for up to 90 days, but according to established practice, it is issued for 30 days;
- C-01 | Business (business) visa (invitation of a legal entity) - issued to foreign citizens and stateless persons who come to Ukraine to sign contracts and monitor their implementation. It is multy entry and gives the right to stay in Ukraine for 90 days during the year.
- C-02 | Private visa (invitation of an individual) - issued on the basis of an invitation from an individual (foreigner with a permanent residence permit or Ukrainian). The main documents that need to be submitted will be confirmation of financial security from an individual, documents confirming the right to own housing, and others;
- C-03 | Official visit (upon invitation of Ukraine's state authorities / entities)
- C-04 | Transportation of goods and passengers
- C-05 | Visits of persons of Ukrainian descent
- C-07 | Treatment
- C-08 | Investment activities
- C-09 | Cultural, scientific, educational, sport activities
- C-10 - Religious
- C-11 | Mass Media staff visits
- C-12 | Official visit (upon requests of foreign authorities or international organisations)
- C-13 | Foreign observers missions
- C-14 | Attending a funeral of a close relative in Ukraine
- C-15 | Foreign or domestic policy interests / exceptional cases
- C-16 | Elimination of an accident / emergency aftermath
- C-17 | Flights of international aircrafts pilots / crew members
D | Long-term visa to Ukraine - issued if a foreigner plans to apply for a visa in Ukraine for a period exceeding 90 days, multy entry . Visa is required only to cross the border and then obtain a residence permit on the territory of Ukraine. After obtaining a residence permit, a foreigner no longer needs to obtain a visa to Ukraine, he crosses the border and provides his residence permit. The main types of long-term visas are:
- D-04 | Employment at Ukraine's company / organisation (the basis for obtaining this type of visa is the presence of a work permit)
- D-13 | Study (Learning in Ukraine)
- D-01 | Immigration (you can apply for this visa if you have an immigration permit issued by the State Migration Service of Ukraine)
- D-02 | Family reunion with a person granted refugee status or temporary protection in Ukraine
- D-03 | Diplomatic / official stay (with further accreditation at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine)
- D-05 | Implementation of international technical assistance projects in Ukraine
- D-06 | Religious / missionary activities
- D-07 | Employment at a foreign non-governmental organization (branch/office) registered in Ukraine
- D-08 | Employment at an office of a foreign company registered in Ukraine
- D-09 | Employment at an office of a foreign bank registered in Ukraine
- D-10 | Implementation of cultural, educational, scientific, sport or volunteer projects in Ukraine
- D-11 | Employment at a foreign Mass Media branch / office in Ukraine
- D-12 | Founder and/or participant and/or beneficial owner of a legal entity registered in Ukraine
- D-14 | Family reunion with Ukraine's national (spouse visa)
- D-15 | Family reunion with a foreigner residing in Ukraine upon a temporary residence permit
- D-16 | Other (in lines with international treaties of Ukraine)
B | Transit visa to Ukraine
- B-01 | Transit
- B-02 | Transit transportation of goods and passengers
- B-03 | Transit of crew members of foreign vessels stationed in Ukrainian ports